The number of WordPress blogs is increasing day after day, but the same can’t be said about their quality and popularity. A great number of blogs attract constant visitors each day, and consequently interesting comments and discussions, this being what makes a blog famous and what keeps it alive.
Without doubt, there are certain strategies which people apply in order to have a successful blog.
- First, you need to have in mind one good topic which tends to appeal to a large population. If it’s about gardening, then choose to talk only about this topic, from fruit trees and their specific care to garden decorations. Gardening is a large topic so there is enough content to develop based on this. Those interested will come back again especially when blogs are accompanied by pictures and unique ideas, tips, lessons, guides and useful advice.
- Secondly, it’s not a bad thing to try and establish connections with other passionate bloggers as well. This way, not only that your popularity will grow, but also your visitors will become more interested.
- In the third place, if you haven’t already heard about it, it’s time to look for information and join the blog carnivals. Start an online search and you’ll see that these carnivals are a type of competitions which invite bloggers to participate with a blog having a certain topic. The posts will be sent to the carnival host and consequently more readers will get to know useful blogs. Moreover, you can visit support groups such as bloggers.com and you will find there great tips for your business.
- Everyone knows that any passionate blog reader will be interested to find related content or links on your Internet pages. In fact, Internet is a great information database and people want to find it fast. Therefore, you should make use of the best plugins to assist you with your efforts: LinkWithin, SimpleTags and Best Related Posts. Keep your content up-to-date and your visitors will become permanent readers.
- This piece of advice is so valuable that it would be a pity not to take advantage of it. After writing a blog post, readers should have the option to add comments, suggestions or ask questions. Even if you can’t answer all of them, try to do this as much as possible because that’s what keeps readers coming back.
- Try and promote your blog in various ways. EzineArticles is one of the sites which allows you to write something and at the same time paste one or two links to help you reach out to a larger audience.
- Of course you might be tempted to discard the power of Social Media, but in this case it’s not advisable at all. You need to become known and the share buttons make wonders when you’re at a starting level. Don’t forget Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest. There is one simple available WordPress plugin which will surely help you with this. It’s called AddThis, that is “add social media buttons” to help you with your blog.
Whether you started blogging as a free time activity, or for your business, you have to stick to it long time if you want great results. Keep in mind some basic rules to get the most out of it: publish good catchy content, take guest submissions and comments, and work day by day to grow your network of partners, subscribers, friends and visitors.